Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Riding a bus!

And if you know me, you know how much I like buses. (not at all.)

So just like that, I've officially completed staging, and have started transportation to Malawi! It's a little surreal. At least now that I've met my group of fellow volunteers, I'm hearing about how surreal everyone else thinks this is, and how anxious we all are. So for that, well done, Peace Corps. Staging accomplished the goal of bonding us together that way.

This morning before staging, I and the other early arrival volunteers went off to visit the Liberty Bell. And it was AWESOME.

(I'm trying to attach photos, but I'm doing this on my phone, so I have a feeling they're all going to end up at the bottom of this post)

We also made it to the house of the first congress, and wandered around the city a little bit. I don't know if the PC does this on purpose, but it's kind of nice to have staging in a place so full of American history. It instills a little extra civic pride and patriotism before we go off to another country for 2 years.

After we finished our meetings for the day, most of our group went out for some Philly cheesesteaks - delicious - but for the rest of the evening, I mostly hung out in my room, charging all of my electronics one last time, and watching a little TV on my computer. Netflix, I shall miss you.

Anyways, I'm not sure if I'm going to update again before I leave in the morning, so if I don't, farewell! I love you all! I miss you! Know that I am  experiencing the worst case of culture shock possible, eating corn for every meal, and having the time of my life. I'm pretty confident that I'm going to love it. For now, console yourselves with views of my luggage (unpacked and repacked), and my staging booklet.





No comments:

Post a Comment