Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Happy Eid and Government Shutdown!

I just taught a class of only 27 students, and it was amazing. We should have religious holidays everyday so I only teach half my class at a time.

The topic of the class was properties of substances, and since the students didn't know what a property was, I had them practice by listing 5 properties of me. In case you were wondering, the following are all compliments in Malawi, although the American in me is not so sure about that:
-tall
-fat
-long hair
-very beautiful
-big buttocks
Obviously this exercise contributed a great deal to their understanding of physical and chemical properties.

In other news, I got an email that we are cutting down expenditures because of the government shutdown, so official (reimbursable) travel is limited. I'm just waiting till the shutdown goes long enough that we all have to take an emergency mandatory vacation home. I'm hoping that happens in time for my birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment