Sunday, May 26, 2013

Bonjour! Voulez-vous voire les jambula?

I'm currently on vacation in France, which means I'm having an awesome time, yet continuously mixing up French (which I haven't really spoken since high school) and Chichewa.  It also means that I have free wifi and a computer!  So here's a much-anticipated photo update.

Lake Malawi at Christmas - pretty spectacular and serene

The view from the back of a minibus, medium full (not enough of these adults are holding children on their laps, and no one is half-standing half-hunched over towards the front)

The lushness of rainy season

For my family - don't worry, I made a gingerbread house!

Gave some little girls my leftover frosting and they were too adorable not to photograph. 


Sorting donated books at the PC Country Director's house

Secret chitenje market in Lilongwe.  In case you were worried shopaholics would find Malawi below par.

Making charoset for our Passover seder!

Tea plantation in Mulanje

At Sapitwa! (The peak of Mt Mulanje.  Fun fact: I was miserable when this photo was taken but felt like it needed to be done.)

Goats on top of a truck.  You see some weird stuff while travelling.
 
I also did a video tour of my house, which strangely isn't updating right here.  Hopefully I  figure that out at some point.  For now, back to watching Roland Garros from my chateau!  A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment